Each year, New York City Mission Society reaches thousands of children, young people, and adults in Harlem, the Lower East Side, the Bronx, and Brooklyn with services that help them create a brighter future
Number of Program Participants Served: 5,981
Number of People Who Attended Community Events: 7,028
- 95% of children participating in our after school programs were promoted to the next grade
- 65% of children in our after school programs showed improvement in fitness and health.
- 918 young people were placed in paid internships, gaining 119,481 hours of experience and generating over $936,000 of earned income.
- 85% of our LTW graduates matriculate into college (versus 51% of NYC graduates citywide).
- 100% of adults in our Beacon Family Services program say staff helped them become better parents.
- Club Real Deal demonstrated a 100% success rate in preventing teen pregnancy.
- Club Real Deal participants smoking cigarettes and marijuana at significantly lower rates (0% and 10%) than their counterparts citywide (9% and 18%).
- 100% of sexually active Club Real Deal participants used condoms (versus 65% citywide).
- Gang involvement among our participants in our Cure Violence program decreased by 29%.
- Cure Violence participants involved in high-risk street activity decreased by 61%.
- Since the start of our SNUG/Cure Violence program in 2010, within the 32nd precinct:
– Felonies involving dangerous weapons have decreased by 50%.
– Misdemeanors involving dangerous weapons have decreased by 42%.
– Offenses against persons (includes violent crimes against people) have decreased by 49%.
- 91% of all program participants say they would recommend NYC Mission Society to friends and family.